Friday, March 4, 2011

you take only the worst of me.

i hear your voice and it makes my lungs dance
my lonely heart thinks we have one more chance
cause i've been with you longer than
i've been without, unable to mend
each others' hearts, we stand miles apart.

and now, finally, when you leave
with me gone, you might actually conceive 
that i never stop crying when you're around
because all you do is shove me down

i just want to leave when you hold me
i just feel the hurt bubbling so let it be
but your eyes full of stubborn pride, i see
you take my qualities, put them through a sieve
and you take only the worst of me
and I just can't help but believe
that in your eyes, that's all i'll ever be.


so tonight i'll be missing you here
and maybe i'll be alone softly crying
but i won't stay just for the fear
of drowning alone, of love dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment