Saturday, March 12, 2011

weathering the storm.

cool winter calms me down
ice smudging lines of expression
leaving behind a hardened impression
so, now i'm at a very peculiar place
and there's a world of room and space
between us now, and i hope i'll be alright.

i try to hold onto the thoughts of you
when the ice storm comes around
clench my toes in the snow covered ground
and hold on with all my sturdy might
as the wings of this celestial night
chase away echoes of our broken bond.

we are at the precipice of our souls
looking over the cliff at the sky below
our feet, shivering and shy like a doe,
inch forward and fall into the fallen night
and i feel the tides move in and fight
to pull me under, leave me to blunder.

we walk into the ice, into the light,
as the sun comes up, everything is broken
and there is not a word to be spoken
as we walk into the ice, into the light
we split paths, moving apart, but alright
now that we are alone.

now that i took back the pieces of my soul
that you callously kept away from me,
and i carefully connect the edges,
making them touch, again making me whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment