Wednesday, March 16, 2011

imprint

when you leave, you take this part of me. and all that i have left is this imprint where it was supposed to be. i wish just once you would not just drift into my life, but stay. but now we're older, and my life is getting bolder and the world is turning colder, without you. and i wonder, once or twice, whether this is it. whether you will leave and drift away as free birds do. i think of me without that piece you hold, and think of me as a flower without its petals. you hold the beautiful parts of me. so now, if i ask, would you stay and close your eyes as we run in the rain, and try to feel once again? if we could weather any storm, we could weather this. don't fret, i know this time you'll leave, and this time with one last kiss. maybe in another time, i can tell you that i would have brought you the moon back, if you gave me your love as exchange. i would have burnt my hands holding the stars, all to see them glow in your eyes. maybe in time, the imprint you've left behind will no longer be a shadow, but a soft corner, like fond, cotton-like memories in a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment