Sunday, May 1, 2011

note to self (or maybe others if you're listening)

First off, I would like to apologize for the angst driven poems of late. I'm sure you can understand why I have been this way if you only read just one. Secondly, I don't know why, but I am obsessed with parenthetical titles to my poems. If this annoys you, sorry. I think they sound quite lovely. However, I will try to stop to stop being so predictable. :)

With that in mind, thirdly, here are some short poems.



---
blackbird song (so this is goodbye)
---

i cradled your hand in mine and 
waited for the goodbye to go by and by
as the blackbird sings its little song
it trails off in the northern sky

oh how you used to feel like lightning static
like raging forest fires and mountain leaps
we were falling like fallen angels and devils
before they sat down to weep.


---
heartbroken melody (of a king and queen)
---

i thought i should write a "heartbreak" poem
but it's much to soon for me,
still see that smile and hear the way
you said together we'll forever be.

so instead i wrote this la-di-da tune of mine
that holds all these memories
of birds and bees and darkened mead
of a painted queen and her lonely king
and all the times they took a hand
to keep from falling apart
and of all the times they left behind all
but just each other's hearts.

1 comment:

  1. We've all been there... I hope you reach a place of acceptance, peace, and happiness very soon :). I have been silently reading all of your poems and really like your creative, heart-felt metaphors.

    ReplyDelete