Wednesday, April 28, 2010

a tidbit about me.




because people always say i'm quiet. as if it's a bad thing. as if i had nothing to offer, because i was too shy, too repressed, too isolated. sometimes, i need someone to see the me i see. see that i am just a girl who looks at the world sometimes through starry eyes and at others, through weathered and experienced eyes. 


sometimes, i need people to understand that though i am quiet, i have things to say. i have thoughts, such beautiful thoughts, and perhaps, that is why i am quiet. i am lost in the comforting sea of my own colors, visions, and recollections. 


it is a good place to be.

2 comments:

  1. You sound like my kindred soul :). I have stopped counting the number of times I have been accused of being "quiet and reserved", branded that most people don't reach out to me, and success is a little harder for me, because of that. But when some of them see my never-ending writing, of how I really do have so much to verbalize (although many times inane), they are perplexed... a tad doubtful if I have an alter-ego hiding inside, and a tad jealous that I can be comfortable by myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should start a society, where we set up meeting times when we never have to meet, but each of us gets to wander off in our own thoughts ;)

    My biggest consolation through all these years of being termed quiet/shy/ snobbish/too full of myself has been that I can get away from the labels into a space within where I am comfortable being none of those things, and all of them :).

    ReplyDelete