Sunday, April 25, 2010

Disappointment.

Disappointment. It burns like acid down the throat, leaving a dry and bitter taste trailing behind it. 

Failure, too, feels like this to me. Like the after taste of something decidedly unpleasant and foul. I imagine it to be a slow, faded path, traveling leisurely, unknown to its host. It erodes at my insides, carves a beaten path, and wriggles itself into a niche. A niche that will never be gone, forever imprinted on my soul and conscience. I have recently felt this, like a parasite inside of me. It feeds on my sadness, my hard work, and my heart-- leaving nothing but the ruins of my perseverance in return. 


there are simply no lovely words. in fact, were i not now in a state of acceptance, i am sure i could think of some more words that are as blackened, disfigured, and as ugly as this feeling i feel now. to me, disappointment equals the loss of hard work, the loss of my sense of self and confidence. it means questioning who i am, should i be here, and ultimately- have i reached the end of my growth? is this my limit, my stopping point? can i push no further? have i reached my level of incompetence?

2 comments:

  1. Failure at one goal at one time of life may just be the world's way of letting you know you should be focusing on something else, at least for the time being. There are times to send shoots and flowers out into the sun and shine, and there are times to curl up under the leaves and snow and gather your strength.. To everything, there is a season. Wish you all the patience and courage to get through this one..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every stumbling block of failure or disappointment carries with it a hidden parcel of clarity which needs to be patiently searched for under all the pain. I wish you find it soon, and that clarity helps you heal and get to your true destination.

    ReplyDelete