Friday, January 28, 2011

a year of memories.

i'd think of February
when we'd drift through the snow
leaving behind footprints that show
four lines, four uneven rows.

i'd think of that time in the rain
back then in April,
you grabbed my hand and i complained
but then you put your hand to my cheek
and kissed me sweet and coy.
i just smiled, and said you silly boy.

and sometime in June,
I'd lay my head on your chest
and slowly, steadily, confessed
that I think I might be falling.

by you, in august, i softly laid down,
our backs on the grassy ground
i breath in to match your steady pace
and looked over at you
and saw love in your open face.

i'd think of october
as a month of coffee and coats
of studying in light filled libraries
quiet, but steady and sure,
we never thought to drift apart.

december, a kiss, short and shy
as we said our goodbyes,
looked one last time into each other's eyes,
and watched as the love died.

No comments:

Post a Comment